About Me:

My photo
Snellville, Georgia, United States
About Me? Well, I have decided to throw my myself into the vulnerable atmosphere of online blogging. Why? Because as a born-n-raised southern girl, I’ve moved to the foreign country of Miami, FL with no friends, no espanol, and only a job to concern myself, I figured it might be fun to share my experiences. I’ve always wanted to prove I can do things on my own and here’s my chance. I like idea of blogging for a couple reasons. I want to share, and boast a tiny bit, but for the most part, I need the outlet since Im living alone, far away from the comfort of my Atlanta neighborhood. SO pardon the not-so-eliquently written wave of good & bad updates, Miami-themed what-have-yous, and a few expected pictures - all that will essentially tell the story of how I am learning to live on my own. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Back to the Future

As I finish up some online reading for my Sociology class, I am sitting down pondering my life as of now and what is to come, something I do quite often before I go sleep. Must be something about the quietness of the night that allows me actually think straight! No wonder I like to study at at this time - see? it's not procrastination, don't be so negative!

I am back in the United States of America and tonight I am bloggin' about my experiences since I have returned. It has been five days.
I was told in a journalism class that a writer should include something that will attract a readers attention like a pie graph or a bullet list. so another list -

5 days of USA
  • day 1 - Hartsfield airport - While I commend their efforts to protect us from terrorists, I am no less than annoyed by the 2 hours it takes from landing until I get to my car.
  • day 1 - HOTlanta
  • day 1 - First stop Chick-Fil-A
  • day 1 - nausea from CFA
  • day 1 - Atlanta traffic
  • day 1 - driving on the right side of the road
  • day 1 - driving
  • day 1 - American TV shows
  • day 1 - call to Papa - still ranting on Obama
  • day 1 - American accents
  • day 1 - alone time... ah, yes
  • day 1 - my own: bed/shower/closet/food/kitchen/family/schedule
  • day 2 - biscuits and gravy
  • day 2 - giant glasses
  • day 2 - free refills
  • day 2 - not having to search for an outlet converter
  • day 2 - tiny coins - fewer coins
  • day 2 - I have way to much STUFF
  • day 2 - American music
  • day 2 - using a cell phone! (unlimited texting!)
  • day 2 - Obama email from Papa
  • day 2 - constant sunshine!
  • day 2 - ATHENS!!!! "It feels like home to me"
  • day 2 - Rush, from a distance this year
  • day 2 - Downtown Athens and lovely Allgood - saw Will and Thomas from Oxford trip
  • day 2 - local friends
  • day 3 - feeling of being broke
  • day 3 - apartment froofing
  • day 3 - saying/hearing "yall"
  • day 3 - wal-mart maddness - avoid for at least two weeks after classes have started
  • day 3 - Kroger!! and the Kroger Plus Card
  • day 4 - bus routes
  • day 4 - morning exercise routines
  • day 4 - having a routine
  • day 4 - THE HEAT
  • day 4 - professor mentions Obama
  • day 4 - jet lag continues
  • day 4 - head to trivia night anyway
  • day 4 - my car
  • day 5 - UGA football ticket sign ups
  • day 5 - tennis class - could fry an egg on the court
  • day 5 - rushing
  • day 5 - organizing
  • day 5 - ...settling

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I got back to the States, and my parents kept ranting about Obama as well!

    ReplyDelete