About Me:

My photo
Snellville, Georgia, United States
About Me? Well, I have decided to throw my myself into the vulnerable atmosphere of online blogging. Why? Because as a born-n-raised southern girl, I’ve moved to the foreign country of Miami, FL with no friends, no espanol, and only a job to concern myself, I figured it might be fun to share my experiences. I’ve always wanted to prove I can do things on my own and here’s my chance. I like idea of blogging for a couple reasons. I want to share, and boast a tiny bit, but for the most part, I need the outlet since Im living alone, far away from the comfort of my Atlanta neighborhood. SO pardon the not-so-eliquently written wave of good & bad updates, Miami-themed what-have-yous, and a few expected pictures - all that will essentially tell the story of how I am learning to live on my own. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones Proverbs 17:22

Saturday 16 January 2010

Rainy day

A friend of mine calls days like this "A heavy day". This is because you feel like stayin at home, curling up in a blanket, watchin movies, and...well you get the picture. I am a big fan of heavy days but I also get anxious and bored pretty easily. While my sister, Sallie, trys to study, I can't be dancing and singing and chatting. Yes, I'm 23 yeras old but when I can't exercise, my energy is released in musical themes. For some reason, which I have yet to figure out, people find it obnoxious.

Today my heavy day consists of even more home decorating. I'm painting the basement. I am finally covering up the tacky, vineyard-inspiried mural that was so graciously left, four years ago, by our preceeding owners.

It was easier than I had originally thought. I rolled over the meticulous, handpainted artwork with vigor. The best way I know how to explain my emotion it this. It's a similar gratification when you see a day old sandcastle at the beach and make the devilish decision to run and jump right on top of it! Ah, it feels good!

With one coat finished, Mom has run to get the "Fig Leaf" (dark green) paint for the lower half of the room - a bead board. We will finish coat number two and start on the bead board. Love it!

p.s. Heavy days are also for mindless blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment